I’m ecstatic to share this recipe, because it is one of my all time favorites. All food is better shared, amirite?! Except maybe ice cream, or the last cookie… Anyways, these little shrimp rolls are an amazing snack, light lunch, or late night nibble. Sometimes I make them as an appetizer before meals as well. These are one of the easiest, tastiest, most refreshing snacks. Without further adieu…. I present Rainbow Rice Shrimp Rolls. Bon Appétite!
- Spring Rolls Skin (3)
- Shrimp (6 oz.)
- Grapeseed oil, olive oil, or vegetable oil (1/2 TBSP)
- Barbeque seasoning or mesquite seasoning
- Mini peppers (about 4 sliced lengthwise)
- Collard Leaves (3)
- Broccoli Slaw (3 oz)
- Cilantro (Handful)
- Soy Sauce (1/2 TBSP)
- Ginger powder (1/2 tsp)
- Wash and slice peppers
- In a sauté pan, heat up the oil on medium-high heat
- Add the shrimp and sauté until shrimp is cooked all the way through, about three minutes depending on size of shrimp
- Take off burner and while still in pan toss in barbeque or mesquite seasoning
- On the first piece of rice paper, add the collard leaf, 1/3rd of broccoli slaw, 1/3rd peppers, a few sprigs of cilantro, and 1/3rd of the shrimp.
- Roll the collard green only around the other goodies, and place the bundle on the far side of the rice paper, roll the rice paper tightly against the collard green, folding up the bottom halfway to keep all ingredients inside.
- Cut the rolls in half on a vertical slant. Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the other two rolls.
- For the sauce: Make 2 TBSP of PB2 according to directions, add 1/2 TBSP of soy sauce, and a dash of ginger powder. Stir together.
Nutrition per serving: 2 Servings Total
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbs: 25 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Sodium: 701 mg
Wishing you endless spoonfuls of PB,