DJ asked me yesterday if I blogged this snack yet. I realized I hadn’t, but why the heck had I not?! This is one of our favorites. Something we crave. It also inspired my Halloween costume this past year. We eat it nearly daily, and I think you will enjoy it too! This is something else we will whip up for guests as a quick snack, and later when they are home I’ll get a text asking for how exactly to make them again. There is not much to it, but I promise the taste will blow you away!
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- Bread of choice (I prefer Dave’s Killer Grain Bread or Sprouted Flax)
- Spicy Guacamole (Or plain avocado)- I like Wholly Guacamole, but it really doesn’t matter. I use whatever the store has.
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- Hot sauce of choice. *Optional
- Using your perfectly hard boiled eggs and clean hands, open the egg by dividing it in half and popping out the egg yolk. **If having difficulty removing the yolk, just run the egg under a little cold water.
2. Put your toast in the toaster and toast away!
3. Spread 1 guac packet/avocado over the two slices of toast. I usually split a packet of Wholly Guacamole between the two pieces. If using a multi-serving pack, use about 2 TBSP per slice.
4. Put two egg whites on each slice of toast. I break them apart so they can lay (lie?) on the toast evenly.
5. Add sea salt, pepper, and hot sauce (great without hot sauce as well)
Nutrition per two slices: (Using Dave’s 60 Calorie Grain Bread and 1 packet of Wholly Guac)