Ok- Yes, this blog is like a box of chocolates- you never know what you are gonna get! And today you get a big ole’ hard boiled egg. I know making hard boiled eggs seems like one of the simplest things on planet earth to make, but there is a science behind getting the BEST hard boiled egg. I have had several people that have stayed with us ask how I get them the way I do, so why not share a post about it? That’s what this thing is for right? Share all the tips/tricks/thoughts/things that start with T.
- Boil your water. Bring a big pot to a heavy boil. DO NOT put your eggs in before it starts to boil! Very important.
- Add your eggs one by one with a slotted spoon.
3. Wait until the water comes back to a full boil, then set the timer to 10 minutes.
4. Once ten minutes is up, drain the eggs in a strainer gently.
5. Allow them to sit until they are cool enough for you to pick them up. I usually give them about 15-20 minutes.
6. Rinse them with cool water.
7. Put them back into the container. This allows the heat that is still in the egg to create condensation on the inside of the egg under the shell, allowing for easy peeling off of the shell when you are ready to eat them.
When it comes time to crack open that bad boy, just crack the shell all around and it will slide right off.
Ta-da! You have the best hard boiled egg of your life. ENJOY!