Happy Tuesday! I finally have some time to post one of my all-time FAVORITE recipes!!! I went through a stage where I think I ate this every night for dinner for almost two weeks straight. AKA it is CRAVE-WORTHY and delicious with 20 g of protein, healthy fats, complex carbs, and it’s vegetarian! Also- it’s basically one giant multi-vitamin-all the health packed into one tasty meal! This recipe is written as a single servings, so for however many people you are feeding, just multiply it! And you know me, it’s ridiculously easy to make.
1 Sweet potato of choice (purple is my favorite)
1/2 C Meatless crumbles (Lightlife, Morning Star, Boca are all great brands)
1/4 C Daiya cheddar cheese shreds
1/4 C yogurt of choice (to keep entirely vegan do plain Silk yogurt). I personally like Chobani or Siggi’s!
1/3 Avocado, sliced (HINT: keep the pit inside the avocado to preserve freshness while you store the leftover)
Chives to top
- Bake the sweet potato:
- Oven: Preheat oven to 400F, pierce sweet potato all around with a fork, bake about 45 minutes-1 hour.
- Microwave: Pierce sweet potato and place in a microwave safe dish with 1/2 cup of water. Cook 6 minutes, then flip (with a fork, it will be incredibly hot) and cook for an additional six minutes.
- While the sweet potato is baking, move to step 2
- In a small pan over medium heat, add meatless crumbles and cheese. **Cheese withstands high temperatures. Stir in the pan until meat is fully cooked- about 4 minutes.
- Cut your sweet potato in half and stuff with meatless crumbles/cheese mixture and top with yogurt/chives/avocado
Fat: 15.5 (great source of mono/polyunsaturated fats)
**Great source of vitamin A and iron