I start every single day with cookies and end every day with ice cream.
Not kidding! I say it’s the secret to a balanced diet and keeps me motivated to eat healthy the rest of the day!
Soooo…. I am finally sharing my breakfast cookie recipe per request! I have spent time after time and batch after batch trying to perfect these little guys. I finally feel I have come to a place where these breakfast cookies are exactly what I crave in the morning. And by crave I mean if I don’t have any left come morning my whole day is off. I pair a couple with my creamy avocado smoothie and am usually set for a full morning of work from 4:30 until about 11 am when I have my first break. Plus, the sweet & savory combo is perfection.
- 2 scoops Protein Powder of Choice (I prefer EAS Vanilla)
- 2 C. Oatmeal of choice (either old fashioned or quick oats- I like quick oats)
- 3 TBSP Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 2 Large overripe Bananas
- 1/2 C. Organic Peanut Butter (I use Laura Schudder’s)
- A dash of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl with a fork or spatula
- Add all other ingredients
- Stir and mash with spatula until thoroughly mixed- put your muscle into it! It’s dry at first, but eventually becomes nice and doughy (may use a Kitchen Aid)
- Using a Tablespoon, scoop cookies one at a time onto a greased baking tray
- Put all cookies into the oven, cook for 7-8 minutes
- Allow to cool, enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
**They taste like little cookie dough bites cold, but I reheat mine in the microwave a couple seconds before eating them in the morning. I think they are even better warmed up!
Nutrition per cookie. Servings per batch: 31
E N J O Y!