Hey all!!! Top a’ tha mornin’ to ya! (or whenever you happen to be reading this). I’m not sure I have ever been so excited for a round of Friday Faves. Let’s not dilly-dally and rather jump right in, shall we?!
1.Thanksgiving Leftovers. Can I get an AMEN?! I swear they are even better after a couple days. I have been loving my acorn squash for breakfast with syrup or for lunch with a little Fage. Alsooo, I have been LOVING this pumpkin butter from William Sonoma. Goodness gracious I could live on the stuff.
To get creative with the Turkey Lurkey, I added it to some zoodles and made a “turkey alfredo”. I froze the rest in the freezer so it didn’t go bad. Did you know you can freeze roasted turkey for up to three months? I read it on the Internet, so it must be true.
Oh and of course, ya gotta sprinkle some parm on top! I served it with some homemade garlic bread.
After my runs I have been loving cauli mashed potatoes, pumpkin butter, cranberry crisps, pumpkin hummus, and a corn muffin. MMmm.
2. My girl, Dani, has a blog & I am LIVING for her recent post to Tahoe with Tammy. You all will love this so much, promise! I seriously re-read the post three times because it feels like you are right there with them & her pictures are phenomenal!!! You can find her blog at embracethedetours.blog.
3. ALSO Tammy, who you alll know well by now, has a new Instagram that is gonna blow your travelin’ socks off. It’s called backroadborn. She travels more than anyone I think I know (besides Dani) & has a heckuvah an eye for photography. Get ready to be wow-ed by some seriously stunning views !!
4. Honey Chai Turmeric Vitality Tea. Wow, what a mouth full! And a delicious mouth full at that! (well maybe more of a sip, we don’t want anyone burnin’ their tasters). Anywho- this is such a yummy warm & cozy tea & it’s magical too. Since I’ve started having this once a day I’ve noticed the inflammation has gone down in my body tremendously, especially my knee!
5. Garage sale at our house!!! JK…. I joke that Target is our second home considering we are there pretty much once a day (mostly due to the fact that I inevitably forget something).. but anyways… they are having awesome sales right now. I clipped a coupon for $20 off 100, then we found some deals on laundry detergent and other necessities where if you buy three you get a $10 gift card. We stocked up on all our essentials & saved a ton, and left with gift cards in hand. Pah-retty cool deal if ya ask meee.
6. I cannot put the Order of the Phoenix down; it’s my favorite yet- so goooood! Also, Christmas tends to put me in the mood for HP. Not sure why, probably the magic of it all. Aaaand we are going to Disney World/Universal studios soon! (eeeep, imma pass out from excitement). So to get ready, this past week I have been living in this magical world. When I’ve been working on school work or on long runs I have the series playing in the background- I watched all four movies this past week, plus any spare time I’ve spent reading the fifth book.
7. Arrested Development. DJ and I have a new tv obsession. We started Making A Murderer II, and while it was really good we both needed a palette cleanser after Haunting of Hill House. This is gold. We are sold. If you like The Office, I highly recommend this! **Also fun fact- we saw Jason Bateman in person on our honeymoon— and one day when I was in the workout room he asked if he could turn down the music. I said no. Just kidding – of course, I said yes. I tried to work up the courage to say something else, but got scared & starstruck and ran out of the workout room. You guys know how I get. Hahaha.
8. I finally tried Boarshead dessert hummus… and the verdict? I am obsessed. FULL FLEDGED obsessed! I love eating the two flavors with pretzels & putting the dark chocolate one in my oatmeal in the morning. It is so fudgy, almost like frosting! I am telling you- you must try this!!!
9. The Campfire Marshmallow Candle from Chesapeake Bay Candle. Oh my does this smell ever delicious! It burned a little quicker than I’d like- but that’s probably what happens when you burn a candle 24-7. (Pssst, I’ll tell ya a secret: we got it from Target).
10. This meme. If you know, you know.
Questions for you:
- Do you have any candles you swear by?
- Any creative way to use up leftovers?