It’s Friday!!! Woohooo!!! I am gonna whip this post up realz quick before trudging through school assignments to *hopefully* find some free time this weekend 🙂
- SomiSomi Ice Cream. This stuff is next level delicious soft serve. They just opened a location within walking distance of us! Might be a good thing we are moving because we
probablydefinitely would consume more than is healthy over time. I tried the Ube soft serve (purple yam) & Oreo and DJ tried all Oreo. We both liked the Oreo flavor the most. Purple yam was just kinda vanilla (quite literally tasted like vanilla). You have the option for a macaron or a strawberry and what you want your cone stuffed with. I had nutella stuffed & DJ did custard stuffed! The Taiyaki cone is the best doggone ice cream cone of all time! We. are. obsessed.
2. Mornings spent outside on the balcony! It’s finally warm enough to enjoy breakfast outside on the balcony again. I’m loving my avocado smoothies with protein cookies or oatmeal and chocolate chips to start the day. It’s so dern relaxing.
3. Spring has sprung!!! I’m beginning to see flowers pop up everywhere!
This flower below in particular has a special meaning for me when I see it bloom. You can read about that here.
4. Wedding Planning!! I am honored to be my sista’s Matron of Honor, and while she really is taking care of most everything, I’m having a blast with my responsibilities. Over the weekend I ordered her bridal shower invites from Etsy & had them send on a PDF file. I then just downloaded the PDF onto cardstock through Staples and picked them up the same day- easy peasy! I highly recommend doing it this way, especially if you want to save money or are on a time crunch! Since I blurred out the details you can find the original template here 🙂
5. This commercial. Bahahahaha.
6. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. I am only about halfway through this book, but I’m loving every second of it. I always highlight significant quotes or elements that resonate with me through my Kindle app, and I feel like I’m highlighting every five seconds. I also grew up in a suburb of Cleveland, where this story takes place, so seeing familiar names and locations makes me nostalgic and feel a kindred tie to the book. It’s a fantastic read so far! If you want to read a synopsis click here. Thanks for the recommendation, Maureen!
7. Zoya’s August Nail Polish. I saw this color on Hunida and had to have it!!! It is sooo beautiful! Even DJ complimented my nails, and he doesn’t usually notice things like that haha. I was introduced to Zoya by my Aunt a couple years back, and truly no other nail polish lives up to it! I just adore this color.
I’m reallly not great at doing my own nails (so I’ll spare you a subpar picture of my own nails), but I do talk with my hands so no one can focus on them for too long anyways. Hahah.
8. This video had me cracking up. DJ showed me this over the weekend and we went down a video hole of “I think my dog is broken” vids. Definitely watch if you need a little laugh 🙂
9. Roasted Gorgonzola Crackers from Trader Joe’s. I couldn’t do Friday Faves without a specific TJ mention, now could I?! Oh man, do I love this find! This has a very strong gorgonzola flavor (a little blue cheese too), so if you love those types of cheeses I recommend trying these out! YUM!
10. American Gospel: Christ Alone. Today I truly saved the best for last. This documentary has been out since October, and I don’t know why we’re just hearing about it. I could discuss this for hours upon hours, but I will just say I urge everyone and anyone to watch it. It addresses the “Word of Faith” movement, which we have been exposed to since living in California. This documentary debunks the false Gospel that is preached as well as presents the true Gospel in one of the most true, honest, raw, beautiful ways we have ever heard. I watched it twice in two days it was so good. Right now I could only find it on Amazon, but I really hope it releases to Netflix or Hulu soon too. It’s so important- the most important.
Question for you:
- What’s a favorite of yours this week?!
**There are affiliates in this post, but all opinions and ideas are my own**