It’s Fridayyyy (the 13th)!
Hope you all have some fun plans for this weekend. This is the first weekend where I will not be studying in a while and am I ever excited! So why not do a Friday Favorites to kick it off?!
- This Pukka Lemon, Ginger and Manuka Honey tea is some of my favorite tea I have ever tried. It’s smooth, comforting and tasty as can beee.
2. Red Jalapeño/Fresh Garlic Olive Oil. I was a little unsure what to expect from this olive oil, but I went through nearly the entire bottle in a couple months- it goes with just about anything you could want to sauté, cook, roast, etc. Time for me to stock back up!
3. Trader Joe’s Cedar Balsam Candle. I initially saw this candle on Kori’s story on IG, and while I was at TJ’s it caught my eye. We were in desperate need of some candles, and this one brought Christmas to our home! We haven’t had a chance to get a tree yet, but this is a great place holder for that scent. It has a piney, calming scent that burns even more beautifully than when you initially smell it in the jar.
4. Ettitude Sheets. These bamboo sheets are like absolute butter… so silky smooth like you wouldn’t believe. I grabbed them during a Black Friday sale, and it was the best decision. Highly recommend if you are looking for some new bedding.
5. Gnocchi Gorgonzola. This is easily a new favorite of ours from TJ’s. If you are going to try one item at TJ’s right now… make it this! The flavor packed in this is just outstanding. Wowzzaaa.
6. Younger. I am a bit behind on the bandwagon for this series – but this show is so stinkin’ good!! It’s a great Hulu watch when I just need to turn my mind off at the end of the evening. So light and fun. The concept on paper sounds a bit improbable, so rather than try to sum it up, I’d recommend just giving it a watch (It took me about four episodes to be hooked). I’d say it’s geared toward Millenials, but I think anyone could enjoy it.
7. Austin Sunsets. Since it’s been getting darker earlier, I’ve seen more sunsets outside when I’m on my afternoon/evening walks. They are just breathtaking some evenings.
8. This meme cracked me up. The level of ingenuity is impressive- hahah.
9. invisibobble hair ties.These are quite popular right now for good reason. My hair stylist recommended that I replace my basic hairbands with these since I was having a lot of breakage. I was skeptical based on the look of them, but I took her word for it, and I’m glad I did!! These are surprisingly strong, hold my hair better in place than the traditional hair ties and do not rip my hair out. They come in a variety of colors too. They stretch out over time, but I was told you can put them in hot water to shrink them back up.
10. Dark mode on Iphone. While it took a little getting used to, I love using Dark mode on my phone. I almost noticed a difference immediately. My eyes have been so dry and irritated this semester with how much I stare at a screen while watching lectures, studying, etc. This definitely helps calm down the intensity of that light, at least while using my phone. Now they just need one for laptops! I also ordered some blue light glasses, so we’ll see how those work too.
11. And a little holiday bonus… this video is circulating the internet and if you need a good laugh you must watch it!
Have a Merry weekend, friends!