Happy Friday to you all! I am on my last day of break and did not get quite caught up on everything as I was hoping… a few unexpected things came up and somehow this break is already over. Next semester is going to be double the load of what the summer was… which I don’t even know how that’s possible, eek!.. hence, I may be a bit MIA again till the holidays 🙁 (I do have some posts backlogged to share though!!). And of course, I will pop in when I can, I just may not be as active as I’d like to be… we’ll see how it goes. Thanks for being patient. Anyway, I do have a bit of time this AM to whip out a Friday Favorites 🙂
- Hello mat from Walmart. In the Bay Area we didn’t have a welcome rug and didn’t really need one since we were rarely bringing in dirt or dust. However, in Texas our shoes get pretty covered from walking around the trails. I found this rug at Walmart to help the cause! It’s technically an outdoor rug, but it works inside our foyer area.
2. Texas Blooms. I have loved discovering the different types of flowers/wildlife local to the area. I do have to be careful to not touch the foliage lining the trails though because it’s littered with poison ivy! (And, yes! I did find a new walking/running path (wooohooo!)- I’ll discuss that more in a recap post.. eventually… hah).
3. Impractical Jokers! Okay y’all, this is one of our favorite shows ever ever!!!! This is so funny! We watch a 20ish minute episode occasionally before going to sleep, and it has us in stitches every time.
4. Boxed. I love writing letters, sending hand written notes, and even have a pen pal from high school… so we go through stamps like nobody’s business. Going to the USPS for stamps is always a pain in the butt and a big waste of time. I found these stamps in bulk at Boxed- Plus, at check out you get to add two free add-ons, so I chose the bare baked crunchy apples and a protein Kind bar. What a deal. I am going to use them more for bulk buys in the future! If you use LOVEBULK you can get 15% off your first order plus free shipping 🙂
5. theo organic fair trade salted almond dark chocolate. I picked this up in Miami to have for our Bachelorette night… and all of us were going crazy over how good this chocolate is!
6. Greeting Cards for every occasion.I found a roundup of the forty cutest cards from Amazon for only $12.99. I have already used several— they really do have every occasion and the cards are adorable! This is just a small sample below.
7. Cauliflower Gnocchi from Trader Joe’s. The obsession is still going strong.
8. Mariell Earrings . I felt like these were the most perfect simple, but pretty bridesmaids earrings. I’m sure I’ll be able to wear them again for other occasions too.
9. Niksen. This is a Dutch concept of literally (I’m trying to use “literally” when it is literally in only a literal sense 😉 ) doing nothing with no agenda. We are not meant to be productive all the time… this is a great reminder to take a few moments to just “be”. It reminds me of Psalm 46:10… “Be still and know that I am God”. How often do we just “be still”? It was very thought provoking for me. Time to put it into practice!
10. Today I did save the best for last!….. DRUM ROLL……. Amy started a blog!!!! It’s called Rightfully Lost & is going to be your new favorite travel blog. When it comes to traveling, she knows what’s up. She does world-wide expeditions, often solo, so if you want to know how to do cost-effective trips while getting the most out of them, she’s the one to talk to. Plus you’ll just leave feeling so dang inspired. Traveling the world on your own is no small feat, and her stories are incredible. I am stoked she started this!!! Right now she has a post recapping her time in New Zealand- it’s a fascinating read, and she has a serious eye for photography.
Any favorites for you this week?! Have a great weekend. Can’t tell you guys how much I miss ya.
**There are affiliated links in this post, but all ideas and opinions are my own**