Today I am announcing the winner of the LightLife Giveaway!!!! Drum roll…..Congratulations to Melissa V! You have some delicious Lightlife and Nasoya free product coupons coming your way! Thank you to everyone who participated 🙂
So about that recipe… You know how some healthy food substitutes are “good enough”, but just not quite the same? Hold all presumptions about these loaded vegan nachos. I made these for the Super Bowl party I went to yesterday, and not only were they gobbled up in no time, but people were shocked that they were vegan. Something I loved about them is I just kept eating them without feeling weighed down- that’s the beauty of veggie-based eats!
So without further adieu, I present Loaded Vegan Nachos: **Adopted based on Lightlife Recipes
1 large bag Tortilla chips of choice (I used Simply Balanced Organic white corn tortilla chips with black bean and flaxseed)
1 can fat-free refried beans
2 Cup Lightlife Smart Ground Crumbles
1.5 Cup Low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
1 Cup corn
1 Cup Daiya cheddar flavor shreds
1 Cup Daiya pepper jack shreds
1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup green onion
A couple cilantro sprigs
1.5 Cup pico de gallo (optional)
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Place one layer of chips on the bottom of a 9×13 or 10x15x1 pan (usually uses about half the bag)
- Layer with refried beans (place dollops of beans around the chips and then use spatula to spread across the chips).
- Continue to layer with LightLife Smart Ground, black beans, corn, cheese, and jalapeños.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake until cheese is melted. About 20 minutes. **Daiya cheese doesn’t have the appearance of melting- but it tastes melted when you eat it!
- Top with green onions and cilantro and leave a bowl of pico de gallo to the side as an optional add on!
- Place the rest of the chips in a bowl next to the dip
- Enjoy the best loaded vegan nachos of your life!
per 1 serving: 12 servings total
Fat: 7.9g (only 1.5g saturated)